Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall Leaves

I went wandering around Pacific Grove one day during my second month living in Monterey. Generally looking for something to see or do. My stated purpose was finding someone who could send me in the direction of a raku kiln. Instead, I found Charlsie. She is a watercolor artist, as in she makes money at it, and has a studio in PG. Every thursday, she opens up her studio for watercolor classes. To be perfectly plain, we pay $10, she brings brie, bread, wine, and snacks, lets us use her paints, paper and brushes and provides entertaining stories. No actual teaching is involved. It's lovely and I'm now a regular. Last month, she asked me if I'd be interested in putting something up for her fall-themed exhibit at the florist for the PG ArtWalk. I figured, that's as good an assignment as any I'm going to get, which is none. see below. So I whipped out some fall leaves. In my happy world, I'd have sold one. Maybe next time.

No comments: